Note: you are viewing the archived version of our website.
to go to our new site.
- Publications & Research
- Publication #184
Sustainable Urban Metabolism
- Sustainable Urban Metabolism
- Paulo Ferrão
- John E. Fernández
- Journal Article
- Table of Contents:
Part I: Urban Metabolism: Defining a Field
1. Industrial Ecology: A Metaphor for Sustainable Development
2. Urban Metabolism: Resource Consumption of Cities
3. Intellectual Foundations and Key Insights
Part II: Industrial Ecology: A Framework
4. Industrial Ecology: A Framework of Tools and Practices
5. Industrial Ecology as a Framework for a Sustainable Urban Metabolism
Part III: Sustainable Urban Systems
6. Green Urban Policies and Development
7. Urban Typologies: Prospects and Indicators
8. Complexities and Dynamics of Urban Systems
9. Integrated Approaches to Sustainable Urban Metabolism
Part IV: Mapping and Assessing Urban Metabolism
10. Urban Metabolism in Practice: Case Studies from Developed Countries
11. The Challenge of Urban Metabolism in a Developing Context
- More Information
Incorrect or incomplete information? Click here to report this.
This website provides meta data on papers and other publications, with links
to the original publications. These papers may be copyrighted or otherwise
protected by the publishing journal or author. Some journals provide open
access to their publications. When possible we will try to include abstracts
and more details for open access publications. For more details, follow the
link to the original document and/or contact the publisher/author.