Note: you are viewing the archived version of our website.
to go to our new site.
- Publications & Research
- Publication #155
Material flow accounting and analysis: A Valuable Tool for Analyses of Society-Nature Interrelationships
- Material flow accounting and analysis: A Valuable Tool for Analyses of Society-Nature Interrelationships
- Friedrich Hinterberger
- Stefan Giljum
- Mark Hammer
- Journal Article
Vienna: Sustainable Europe Research Institute.(SERI Background Paper 2)
- This paper aims at summarizing methodological foundations and the state of the art in the rapidly emerging field of material flow accounting and analysis (MFA).
2. Historical development of MFA
3. Methodological foundations
4. Categories of material flows
5. A general scheme for economy-wide MFA
6. Indicators derived from economy-wide MFA
7. The LCA-oriented method for calculating indirect material flows
8. The input-output based approach for calculating indirect flows
9. Main applications of economy-wide MFA
10. Shortcomings of the MFA approach
11. State of the art in economy-wide MFA
12. Selected empirical results
13. Extensions and further methodological development of MFA
- Open Access
- More Information
Incorrect or incomplete information? Click here to report this.
This website provides meta data on papers and other publications, with links
to the original publications. These papers may be copyrighted or otherwise
protected by the publishing journal or author. Some journals provide open
access to their publications. When possible we will try to include abstracts
and more details for open access publications. For more details, follow the
link to the original document and/or contact the publisher/author.